Mike Wallace and Morris Dees - has 60 Minutes reached a new low?
Why has Mike Wallace stooped to using a scumbag like Morris Dees to discredit William Pierce, author of the Turner Diaries, in a June 2001 version of 60 Minutes II. Is Dees the most qualified person Wallace could find?
Mike, we'd like to suggest some shows you ought to do:
1. Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Use the resources of 60 Minutes to investigate the background of Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center - talk to Dees' ex wife and daughter and others who know him. Talk to former employees and journalists who have investigated the Center. Explore their fundraising practices, including the "Expect More Bombs" direct mail campaign. Look at where center money comes from and where it goes. Do some digging on Dees - I suspect you will find a story.
2. Do a story on the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith and it's director, Abraham Foxman. Get into the history of the organization. Talk to the couple in Denver who were just awarded a 10 million dollar judgment. Talk to Noam Chomsky and others who have been harassed by the ADL. Find out where they get their money and how they spend it. Be sure to mention the San Francisco spy case and ADL's support they provided the apartheid government of South Africa.
3. Do a real story about what is going on in Palestine. Talk about what has been going on since Oslo. How the Israelis continue to build settlements and the imbalance of power between the Arabs and the Israelis. Talk about water and how Arabs citizens in Israel do not have the same rights as Jews. Do a real story - not just more of the crap propaganda put out by the US press. Talk about how USS built F-16's and Apache helicopters are being used to carry out assignations and bombing of civilian targets in complete disregard of international law - and how US tax dollars are being used to pay for this.
4. Do a story about the role of the US military. Daily we hear about the bombing of Iraq - yet the media treats it like a uncontroversial story. Are we at war? Has congress declared war? Aren't there some constitutional scholars with an opinion about the legality of the US bombing other countries without a declaration of war?
5. Do a story about why people do not vote. You might find that many people are sick of both the Democratic and Republican parties and the elites like yourself who control politics in this country. You wonder why people are attracted to the message of William Pierce? The press talks about those killed at Waco and in Iraq as "collateral damage" while as FBI sniper at Ruby Ridge is never held accountable for murder. Why do you in the media not cover the ethnic background of those who were killed at Waco. Why are those killed at Waco not as worthy of compassion as those who died in Oklahoma City?
Do you have the guts to do this Mike Wallace? Or is 60 Minutes content to be another propaganda arm of the Zionist lobby in America. People (even many Jews) are sick and tired of the crap being dished out by the Israeli centric US media. When an Israeli is killed, they are given a name and a story - when Palestinians are killed, they are given a number and the blame is put on Arafat. How much longer do you thing Americans will see through this charade and understand that Arafat is little more than a prop created by Israel for the purpose of suppressing the Palestinian people.
As for your blatant race bating Mr. Wallace - using a story on William Pierce to try and pit Whites who feel powerless against Blacks who also may want somebody to be angry at - you should be ashamed of yourself Mr. Wallace. What would happen if poor Whites and poor Blacks got together and decided that most of their problems were because of Rich Jewish Bankers and Media execs in New York who control 90 percent of the money and power in the United States? Is this what you wish to prevent by joining with Morris Dees to whip up Black - White hatred ? - so that you in the ruling class can go on enjoying the privileges of your power and wealth, while the poor and powerless fight over the scraps left over. But perhaps this is your real goal.
Send them your comments at:
524 West 57th St.
New York, New York 10019
Southern Poverty Law Center
400 Washington Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
Mike Wallace and 60 Minutes
Dear Mr. Wallace, I am writing to ask you to please do a story about Waco, and the coverup our government officials have so diligently waged over these almost seven years. I know for a fact that the coverup stories we hear are definitely not conspiracy theorists gone wild. I have been asking for information for years concerning the death of my son, Michael Schroeder. Sandy Connizzo's letter to Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes
MIKE (MYRON LEON) WALLACE. Born in Brookline, Massachusetts, U.S.A., 9 May 1918. Educated at the University of Michigan, B.A., 1939. Married: 1) Norma Kaphan, 1940 (divorced, 1948); 2) Buff Cobb, 1949 (divorced, 1955); 3) Lorraine Perigord, 1955 (separated, 1988), children: Peter (deceased)), Christopher, Pauline. Served in U.S. Navy, 1943-46. more
Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center
The Church of Morris Dees By Ken Silverstein Harper's Magazine, November 2000 - How the Southern Poverty Law Center profits from intolerance
In one case cited by Mr. Silverstein, Morris Dees won a judgment for a black woman whose son was killed by Klansmen. She received $51,875 as settlement. Mr. Dees, according to an investigation by the Montgomery Advertiser, pulled in $9 million from fund-raising solicitation letters that featured a particularly gruesome photograph of the grieving mother's son. Mr. Dees, who pays himself an annual salary of $275,000, offered the grieving mother none of the $9 million her son's death made for him. When a hate crime is something to love Wesley Pruden, Editor in Chief The Washington Times ... Mr. Dees took in $44 million from gullible contributors, mostly white, in 1999 and spent $13 million actually trying to help the poor and beaten down, mostly black, fight for their civil rights. He has been well known for years to reporters in the South, most of whom have never written much about who he really is. Mr. Dees, like the late I.F. Stone or the living Jesse Jackson, became a pet rock of the media, engaged in a calling so noble that it is regarded as tasteless, or at least suicidal, to notice that he runs around naked. ...
"You are a fraud and a con man," Stephen Bright, director of the Southern Center for Human Rights, which actually takes on dozens of death-penalty appeals for poor blacks every year, once told him. "You spend so much, accomplish so little, and promote yourself so shamelessly." Mr. Dees does not take death-penalty cases because this might scare off contributors in safe white liberal neighborhoods, many of whom imagine that the death penalty keeps black robbers, rapists and murderers off their streets. White guilt can be manipulated with black pain, but it has to be done carefully. It's a sordid scam. Some people would call what Morris Dees does a hate crime, but it's a living, and a very good one.
The son of a farmer, Morris "Bubbah" Seligman Dees Jr. (SS# 424-46-7003) was born on December 16, 1936 in Alabama. After receiving his B.A. and J.D. degrees from the University of Alabama he made a fortune selling cook books through the mail. In 1971 he founded a nonprofit organization known as the Southern Poverty Law Center, its stated purpose to fight racism, prejudice, discrimination, anger, hatred, anti-Semitism and to educate children through a program called Teaching Tolerance. Who is Morris Dees? from www.deeswatch.com
Morris Dees -- Child Molester, Pervert, and Liar? For the past several years, the Major Media has portrayed Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center as an "expert" on terrorism, militias, and the Patriot Movement. Is Morris Dees a trustworthy and truthful source of information, on a subject so dear to the American people as their liberties?
CounterPunch says SPLC purposefully creates hysteria and fears about the right wing and extremist groups to raise money. So far their strategy has worked: Dees and SPLC have built a $100 million endowment. "This is not the first time that the SPLC has covered for government thuggery," notes CounterPunch. The liberal publication said SPLC sided against Randy Weaver, "thus undercutting liberal outrage over the government’s violations of Weaver’s constitutional rights." Morris Dees and Southern Poverty Law Center
I began to see this long-term goal take shape when I learned in 1998 that with heavy lobbying from the ADL, the influential Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and its founder Morris Dees had for the first time in decades declared the Nation of Islam a "hate-group". This was a major development as the SPLC had traditionally targeted real hate groups that had for years physically attacked Blacks. The decision to include the NOI on the list was met with skepticism and suspicion by some Black groups but Dees, after admitting it wasn't an easy decision and that he was not fully informed of the NOI's track record, decided to maintain the "hate-group" designation. The Hate-Crimes Hoodwink at blackelectorate.com ... Interestingly, Black leaders and organizations did not speak out when the Nation of Islam was designated as a "hate-group" by Morris Dees Southern Poverty Law Center - an organization that works hand-in-hand with civil-rights organizations, the ADL and FBI and which is pushing for hate-crimes legislation that we believe is ultimately aimed at outlawing the Nation of Islam and other "unacceptable" groups in the Black community. A Deeper Look
The head of the anti-White hate group Southern Poverty Law Center is not just a great "civil rights" lawyer, oh no! Dees's talents go way beyond that. Read and learn... MORRIS DEES FUN FACTS: FROM THE COURT TO YOU...
Now that pro-minority lawyer Morris Dees has defeated the Aryan Nations and asked an Idaho jury for a mandate to "go after other groups" like those of Richard Butler, Nationalists are, likewise, daunting Dees by asking, "Where're the groups?"
the previous version of this page ...
Southern Poverty Law Center
400 Washington Avenue Montgomery, AL 36104 (334) 264-0286
The Center of Hate Morris Dees:
Fear-monger, Profiteer and Hypocrite...
by Paul Hall
Southern Poverty Law Center, Waco and conspiracy theorists - Clips from deja.com posts - 11-Sep-99
Hate: Who decides? - Expect more Bombs
You may add a comment to this page
z Watch pages ...